Skip to content
Do’s and Don’ts
- Listen to the Radio/ TV/ Public Address System for advance information & advice.
- Do not enter floodwaters on foot if you can avoid it.
- Disconnect all electrical appliances and move all valuable personal and household goods and clothing out of reach of floodwater, if you are warned or if you suspect that floodwaters may reach the house.
- Never wander around a flooded area.
- Move vehicles and movable goods to the highest ground nearby.
- Do not allow children to play in or near floodwaters.
- Turn off electricity, gas if you have to leave the house.
- Do not drive into water or unknown undercurrent.
- Lock all outside doors and windows if you have to leave the house.
- Do not consume food or drink water affected by floodwater.
- If you have to evacuate, do not return until advised.