Various central & State Govt. schemes are under implementation to improve the living standard of the urban poor and slum dwellers.
National Urban Livlihood Mission(NULM)
To reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities, resulting in an appreciable improvement in their livelihoods on a sustainable basis, through building strong grassroots level institutions of the poor. The mission would aim at providing shelter equipped with essential services to the urban homeless in a phased manner. In addition, the Mission would also address livelihood concerns of the urban street vendors by facilitating access to suitable spaces, institutional credit, social security and skills to the urban street vendors for accessing emerging market opportunities.
It has following 7(Seven) Components
|1||Employment through Skills Training (EST)||Download|
|2||Social Mobilization and Institution Development(SMID)||Download|
|3||Capacity Building and Training (CBT)||Download|
|4||Self Employment Programme (SEP)||Download|
|5||5. Scheme of Shelters for Urban Homeless (SSUH)||Download|
|6||6. Support to Urban Street Vendors (USV)||Download|
|7||7. Innovative & Special Projects (I & P)||Download|
Social Security Scheme
Aged/widow destitutes are disbursed pension each month under MBPY/IGNOAP/IGNWP/ODP from the year 2004.
- Madhu baboo Pension Yojana(MBPY):7654 nos are getting each month.
- Indra Gandhi National Old Age Pension(IGNOP):6947 persons are covered under the scheme.
- Indra Gandhi National Widow Pension(IGNWP):</st rong>871nos widows are benefitted each month under scheme.
- Indra Gandhi National Disability Pension(IGNDP):18 nos differently able persons get pension every month under scheme.
- Orissa Disabled Pension(ODP)
National family benefits scheme
Legal Heir of 30nos deceased persons have been provided one time financial assistance of Rs.10,000/- each during the current year.
Food Security scheme
The scheme ensures food security to the poorest of the poor and destitute in the city.
- Antodaya Anna Yojana:35kg of rice @Rs.2/-per kg is provided to the targeted groups of6481nos each month
- Annapurna Yojana:Poorest of the poor/vulnerable persons are provided 10kg of rice each free cost every month.
Slum Improvement Programme
There are 258 identified slums in CMC with population of 2.23 laks(Appx) in 43,511 HHs. Out of Which 77slums have no right title over land and 181mos are ownership slums. Steps are being taken to address the various problems of slum dwellers in making provision of basic services for them under different Govt. Scheme .
1) Integrated Housing slum development Programme(IHSDP)
The Scheme aims at integrated development of slum dwellers with primary focus on providing housing to them. DPR for 456 families of two slums having no right to title over land(Tanlasahi 264 & Andarpur 192 nos) with estimated cost of Rs.1698.67 laks has been approved under IHSDP. 1st instalment fund Rs.5.32 Crores has been received.CMC has taken advanced possession over the required Land at Tanla sahi Ac.1.117dec. and Tahasildar has been requested to give advanced possession of Ac.2.200 land at Andarpur Gunadala for taking up the project. The Construction of boundary wall has been started. The OCC, who have already visited the site has been requested to provide structural design and plan of the project. The tender will be floated soon for eligible bidder for undertaking execution of work The slum dwellers will be rehabilitated on the dame land with all basic amenities in dwelling unit of G+ 3 structure.
2) Rajib Awas Yojana(RAY)
Rajib Awas Yojana (RAY) has been launched since 2010-11 by the government of india ,under Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation with a objectives of making the city slum free.
Slum free city cell along with streeing committee has been constituted for implementation and monitoring of the scheme under Rajib Awas Yojana(RAY).
Under the scheme DPR for 602 slum dwellrs of 10 ownership tenable slums with an estimated cost of Rs:15388.43 laks have been submitted to Govt. for approval and sanctioned in the 1st Phase. The project is under consideration at Govt. Level. Oncrd fund is sanctioned,execution of project will be initiated.
1025 families of 11untenable slums around the ring road, exposed to vulnerability/risk have been identify for rehabilitation at village tangar Huda has been taken over. Identification of beneficiaries and biometric survey have been done by the NGO UDRC-SPARC BBSR.The DPR for the project is under process for rehabilitation of these families under the scheme on PPP mode.
- Due to land scarcity in the main city, a patch of govt. land measuring Ac12.57 Dec has been identified at village Uttampur for rehabilitation of slum on the ring side road, canal embankment of the MSWC in a phased manner.The Govt. in H &UD deptt has been requested from A application to file requisition before Tahasildar cuttack vide letter no 870 dated 9.9.2010 for alienation of the same for rehabilitation of the unauthorized slum under RAY.
- In house survey of infrastructures requirement of all identified slums has been completed. It has been planned to address the infrastructure gap of all slums in a phased manner.
- The State Nodal Agency-BDA is in the process of finalizing the Lead NGO, Socio- economic and GIS survey agencies. Once these agencies are finalized and placed with CMC,Slum Free Action plan and DPR will be prepared for rehabilitation of slum dwellers of entire slums.
Biju Saharanchal Bidyutkaran Yojan
Under the scheme of Biju Saharanchal Bidyutkaran Yojana(BSVY), the list 80 identified slum having right title over the land have been sent to the District electrical committee for electrification and up gradation of system as per the guide line of the scheme.The work is being taken up by SECU. The 729 BPL House holds have been identified for individuals house electric connection.<