CMC was established as a municipality in 04.06.1876. It was named as a corporation in 15.08.1994. This corporation covers an area of 1925 sq. km. with a population above 5, 35,139. It includes road coverage of 783 km. with numerous drains of about 1729 km. It has set up 1682 tube wells, 9902 street lights, 12 medical dispensaries and 10 schools etc.